You provide the conversation, we provide the lunch. Join the conversation. Participate in a community conversation and help us better understand the challenges facing your local community.
We want to hear from leaders in our community about what is working and not working in the nonprofit sector and what the future holds.
March 25th, 2020
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
College of the Mainland Conference Center Rooms 135 A-C
1200 Amburn Road, Texas City, TX 77591
FREE TO ATTEND
RSVP REQUIRED: Click here to register
At United Way Galveston County Mainland, we are committed to strengthening and supporting the nonprofit sector in our region. Part of this commitment is educating and empowering nonprofit leaders in the area about the important role they play in improving our communities.
As such, we invite you to the table as we explore newly released data on the state's nonprofit sector, and what it says about the power of our sector and the role we must play on behalf of those who serve. It is crucial to understand the significant role that nonprofits play in our state's economic landscape:
- The sector employs 600,000 Texans at 110,000 organizations, all working hands-on, every day in their communities;
- Driving over $110 BILLION towards the state's GDP;
- Leveraging almost $5 BILLION in government dollars as the state contracts with over 100,000 nonprofits;
- It is responsible for 1 out of every 8 (private) Texas jobs;
- Nonprofits account for $1 out of every $16 dollars changing hands across the state.
In addition to unveiling new data points like these, the agenda for the convening will focus on the overall impact of our sector, nonprofit advocacy (speaking and standing for our missions), and how we can use our collective voices for the good of our communities.