REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Support the success of fundraising events. Works with staff and volunteers in planning, coordinating, and implementing events designed to raise funds for and to promote community awareness of United Way programs and services.
Works under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and collaborates with other team members to plan, coordinate and execute all facets of United Way Galveston County Mainland events and meetings from concept to on-site coordination. Major events include but are not limited to campaign luncheons, Fire Fighter Games, golf tournaments, sportsmen tournaments, fishing tournaments, etc. This position serves as the lead on event-related projects and incorporates best practices in communications through events, while upholding the brand and reputation of the organization.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
- Accountable for the achievement of income performance targets for a portfolio of community-based events.
- Provides support in the research and identifying of fundraising events and solicitation of new and existing Sponsors/Participants/Volunteers.
- Meets target deadlines in order to execute successful events.
- Manages the planning, implementation, and production of all fundraising events and event logistics from concept to on-site implementation.
- Acts as the primary contact on-site during events to ensure proper flow and manage details, including preparation, set-up, execution, and teardown.
- Monitors, tracks and reports return on investment for events and conducts event evaluations in order to determine how future events could be improved.
- Implements best practices for event revenue growth; drives and encourages creativity and innovation at the event level.
- Schedules and leads all event-planning meetings with event committees.
- Works closely with marketing staff to develop material related to events (signage, programs, flyers, videos, etc.) and set-up registration process for events.
- Works with event sponsors to ensure all needs are met.
- Builds relationships with external partners to solicit in-kind contributions.
- Provides stellar customer service to internal and external customers.
- Manages volunteers and vendors at event site in order to coordinate details.
- Engages, trains and manages relationships with community volunteers to ensure successful event execution, volunteer retention, and meaningful volunteer recognition.
The above list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. Other duties as assigned will be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Detail-oriented, deadline-driven self-starter with strong customer service and organizational skills.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- A minimum of two years of fundraising experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
- Preferred experience in the non-profit field.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address challenges.
- Demonstrated proficient computer, organizational, and file management skills; ability to use common office equipment.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage heavy workload in fast-paced work environment.
- Must be personable with excellent verbal and written communications skills, and be able to interact with a variety of individuals/organizations while maintaining confidentiality.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone with vendors, participants, and volunteers in all communications (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Ability to coordinate, manage and execute several events at one time.
Effective communication; concentration while performing duties; maintain emotional control under stress; work with frequent interruptions.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Moderate standing, walking, bending, lifting. Must be able to lift items up to 25 pounds.
Must have transportation access and able to transport materials to and from meetings and events.
Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends for special events.
Job involves frequent interactions with internal and external customers, and routine public contact.
Must be able to work in varying weather conditions for outdoor events.