What Does UWGCM Do?
United Way Galveston County Mainland fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our communities. We are your neighbors, co-workers and friends. We are a collaboration of donors, volunteers, organizations and experts—UNITED around the shared sense of purpose to end the cycle of poverty in our communities since 1955. Join the fight!
We are a local, volunteer-driven nonprofit organization that brings together the mainland communities of Galveston County together to address critical issues. Our partner agencies provide programs that make positive, long-lasting impacts to the people who live and work in Galveston County.
We raise funds each year with the help of industrial support, local businesses, families and individual people. Our fundraising is extremely efficient, with only 8.5% used for administrative costs, meaning 91.5% of every dollar raised goes directly into our community.
We are actively involved in coordinating health and human services to provide maximum impact to Galveston County. We regularly conduct research to determine the greatest needs in our area and we ensure that local services are available to meet those needs.
Your gift to UWGCM stays right here in Galveston County to address local needs and issues.
To be a leader in our community by facilitating, promoting, and ensuring the availability of services that meet the needs of our community.
- Prioritize needs in education, health and basic needs with the ultimate goal of providing services leading to financial stability and quality of life
- Form innovative and effective partnerships with other organizations
- Strategically raise and invest resources to make lasting change
To build a community where residents of Galveston County are healthy, financially stable and empowered to meet their full potential.
- Everyone should have sufficient food
- Everyone should have a safe place to live
- Everyone should have access to basic healthcare
- Everyone should have the skills and support to enter and stay in the workforce
- Children and youth should have an opportunity to grow and prosper
- People in crisis should have access to emergency services
- Seniors & people with disabilities should be supported in their efforts to remain independent